DOUXO® Chlorhexidine contains the molecule Phytosphingosine, a pro-ceramide to help rebuild the natural ceramides in the skin that support a healthy skin barrier.
A healthy skin barrier:
- Retains moisture
- Maintains normal bacterial and yeast flora
- Helps balance microflora
- Ensures normal cell turnover
DOUXO® Chlorhexidine Shampoo is a formulation designed for the antiseptic cleansing of the skin of dogs and cats. It is soap-free and contains gentle cleansing agents and moisturizers.
DOUXO® Chlorhexidine Shampoo also contains Phytosphingosine, a pro-ceramide to help rebuild natural ceramides in the skin that are critical in helping keep the skin healthy.
If you have difficulty bathing your pet, DOUXO® Chlorhexidine Shampoo can be used alongside DOUXO® Chlorhexidine Mousse or DOUXO® Chlorhexidine Micro-emulsion Spray.
DOUXO® Chlorhexidine Micro-emulsion Spray and Shampoo protocol along with antibiotic treatment helps improve skin and coat health within 7 days vs. antibiotic treatment alone (as reported by pet owners).2
- Chlorhexidine gluconate 3%: an antibacterial and antifungal agent.
- Climbazole 0.5%: an antifungal agent.
- Phytosphingosine salicyloyl 0.05%: phytosphingosine (PS) is found naturally in the stratum corneum and some skin ceramides. PS applied topically can help restore the skin barrier.
DOUXO® products do not contain paraben